Online giving provides members a convenient and secure way to provide consistent financial support to St. Matthew Lutheran Church without the need to write checks, carry cash or prepare envelopes.
For families that already give through our Excel in Giving program, please contact Sue Baglow at Sue.Baglow@st-matthew.org to establish an online login and to create your profile (if you have not already done so).
Why give online?
- Members may choose from multiple giving options using checking or savings accounts, or debit or credit cards.
- Members may choose their payment frequency (e.g. weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.).
- Members can manage their online giving at anytime updating amounts, changing frequencies, or making special contributions.
- Vanco Payment Solutions is a PCI Level 1 Compliant Service Provider, and as such meets the highest level of PCI compliance and follows strict security protocols.
What does the Bible say about giving?
- 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
- 2 Corinthians 9:6-8, 10-11 Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work… Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
- 1 Corinthians 16:2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.